Being part of such a big industry, we are surprised how many new pieces of research on individual cannabinoids are causing advocates to rave in the Cannabis World. The most talked-about cannabinoid in 2020 is Delta-8 THC, because of its resemblance to Delta 9. Hence, why they call this the loophole of the Delta-9 THC.
What is Delta 8?
Delta-8 THC is one of the 120+ cannabinoids found in the hemp flower. According to the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), Delta 8 exhibits a lower psychotropic potency than Delta-9 THC, which is the primary state of THC in cannabis. Delta 8 is considered a minor cannabinoid because of its low concentrations within the plant. It’s know to be a degraded form of THC, but it’s not derived from cannabinoid enzymes inside the plant. Delta 8 offers a unique and potent high of its own. The past consumers of Delta 8 have reported experiences of calming body sensations, clear-headedness, and relaxation with a lower psychotropic effect.
The effects of Delta 8 are similar to those of the traditional Delta 9 THC but have a less intense effect. It is a more functional version of Delta-9 THC but offers the customer a calming focus. There are many preliminary and clinical studies that are unveiling the therapeutic and unique properties of Delta 8. These are some potential benefits of Delta 8:
- Pain Relief
- Appetite Stimulation
- Nausea & Anxiety
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects
Difference between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC?
Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC are very popular cannabinoids because of their ability to cause psychoactive effects. The very subtle difference between these two versions of THC is a couple of atomic bonds and is the reason Delta 8 is two-thirds the potency of Delta 9. Delta 8 THC is still very potent on its own even though it’s less than Delta 9. Delta 8 has a lower psychotropic potency than Delta 9 which makes it easier to function while taking it. The stability of Delta 8 is what makes it an extremely valuable cannabis-derived chemical compound.
Why use Delta 8 rather than CBD?
People who frequently take CBD will build a tolerance to it which makes the effects not as prevalent. Delta 8 THC would be useful in this instance because of its potential benefits and affordability.
Has shown positive results with people who:
- Have a low tolerance to THC
- Suffer from Nausea or Lack of Appetite
- Want to manage anxiety without the risk of impairment
- Someone who is recovering from a Traumatic Brain Injury
- Someone who is struggling with Low Libido
- Menstrual Cramping
Why we decided to sell Delta 8-THC?
Our mission is to refine and isolate as many cannabis compounds that benefit our customers. Delta 8 has come to our attention because of its outstanding reviews and recommendations from our customers. We offer Delta-8 THC in Gummies, Tinctures, and Carts. Visit our “Shop” section for more details.
- Abrahamov A, et al. “An Efficient New Cannabinoid Antiemetic in Pediatric Oncology.” Life Sci,56, no.23-24, 1995, pp.2097-102. Journal Impact Factor =3.488; Times Cited = 188 (GoogleScholar)
- Avraham Y, et al. “Very Low Doses of Delta 8-THC Increase Food Consumption and Alter Neurotransmitter Levels Following Weight Loss.” Pharmacol Biochem Behav, vol.77, no.4, 2004, pp.675-84. Journal Impact Factor = 2.781; Times Cited = 34 (ResearchGate)
- Hollister LE and Gillespie HK. “Delta‐8‐ and Delta‐9‐Tetrahydrocannabinol; Comparison in Man by Oral and Intravenous Administration, Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics.” Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol.14, no.3, 1973. Journal Impact Factor = 7.266; Times Cited = 64 (GoogleScholar)